Traveling during Covid-19 is a very confusing time, but it doesn’t have to be. We created a covid-19 travel guide to Punta Cana or any other destination as we know it won’t be quite like it was before. Here’s the information you need as you start planning your trip to Punta Cana.
Tips on How to plan your trip in the time of COVID-19
1. Choose your destination wisely
The entry requirements of the country you want to visit to ensure you are permitted to travel there. In this case, The Dominican Republic is open for travelers from ALL countries and has increased health and safety measures.
2. Be flexible and know your options
Make sure you understand change/cancelation policies of your flights, hotels, etc. in the event of a lockdown or change of plans. The Dominican Republic will be providing free travel assistance plan to all international tourists arriving on commercial flights and visiting a hotel in Punta Cana or any other hotel in the country until December 31, 2020.
For additional details regarding what is and is not covered by the policy, click HERE. In this travel guide, we’ve also rounded up the latest policies from airlines HERE.
3. Choose your accommodation wisely
When it comes to choosing accommodation, there are tons of options, all of which have benefits for different types of travelers. Punta Cana is well known for its sandy beaches and all-inclusive resorts. Many large resorts and hotel chains have always had pretty stringent cleaning policies in place, but they’ve upped them either further post-pandemic.
List of Hotels And Resorts Now Open in Punta Cana.
4. Choose your excursions and tours ahead of time
If you’re a fan of adventures anyways, or you’re looking for something new, take the time to safely explore Punta Cana. Maybe you’re an avid outdoor enthusiast and cannot stay confined in a resort or maybe you consider doing Zipline or Dune Buggies for the first time. Punta Cana has different excursions and tours for different comfort levels. Make sure you understand the health measures and guidelines in place.
We listed the best excursions in Punta Cana and Safety measures for excursions and tours in Punta Cana.
5. Follow the rules and be a smart traveler
Know the rules going into your trip and be prepared to follow them. Masks are currently mandatory for all flights and public places.
It’s super important to spend as little time in crowds and airport security as possible during COVID-19.
Here are some tips to consider:
- Wear slip-on shoes (but don’t forget socks).
- Avoid accessories and unnecessary layers. If you’d have to remove it to get through security, don’t wear it to the airport.
- Have your boarding pass and ID easily accessible.
- Be extra mindful of liquids in your luggage. While liquids typically need to be less than 3.4oz, hand sanitizer can currently be up to 12oz – but check requirements before you go for any changes. Also, keep in mind, if it’s over 3.4oz, it will require extra screening.
- Keep your electronics in easy-to-find places.
Thinking about booking an excursion with us? Check all the things to do in Punta Cana HERE.